I NEED A COZY OUTDOOR SPACE.
It’s not even funny you guys.
With summer starting to come to a close and never have been able to get outside…. I’ve been DAY DREAMING of the perfect cozy outdoor space to hang out with family and friends. BBQ smoking, cozy soft sofas and twinkly lights under the stars with a fire pit going for Smore’s in case the air turns refreshingly chilly…
They are probably just going to dream for a while longer (both because of the California heat and the amount of free time I have to take on this project) but I thought I would share some photos that have been particularly inspiring as of late.
So here’s my master list of things to acquire to make the perfect cozy outdoor space:
- Firepit. – cause Smore’s Seriously.
- Palette Sofa – I found this tutorial thanks to Pinterest and I can’t WAIT to give it a go. My roommate left some palette boards on the side of the house and I’m itching to sand and paint them.
- Outdoor Pillows – I’ve been eyeing these beauts from Cost Plus but making a few cute ones too seems like a more budget friendly plan. You can’t have the perfect outdoor space without lots of pillows!
- Outdoor Rug – I’ve been scouring the internet for a decent outdoor rug (both for camping purposes and for this dream space I’m imagining ) and yes again, so far Cost Plus has had the cutest options.
- Twinkly Lights – I found these lovely solar ones at Cost Plus so I wouldn’t have to plug in anything and be environmentally friendly!
- PLANT BABIES .- I can never have enough plant babies and I constantly want to feel like i’m in a jungle. I can skip the humidity, but warmth and plants? Yes.
- Fabric Garland – I think these are so fun and festive. They are easy to make, and you can make them for any holiday without being too cheesy! Plus, you can raid the scraps section of your favorite fabric store to really keep it in buget.
What would you guys do to create the perfect outdoor space? Let me know in the comments below or share pictures of your creations!
All images found via Pinterest through my Dream Garden Board
If you happen to know who took the original images, PLEASE let me know in the comments so that I may give them credit for their wonderful work!